At Smiles by Design, we believe that technology can vastly improve the patient experience, so we are always updating our practice to give our patients the best, most advanced care available. Compassion and experience are still the most important tools we employ, but many of the advancements we use in-office go a long way toward reducing our patient’s anxiety. We want you to feel completely comfortable placing your trust in our people and our process. That is the ultimate goal at Smiles by Design. Contact us today at 312-263-2323 to find out more about our treatments and technologies!
CEREC CAD/CAM Technology:
One Day Restorations
The doctors and staff at Smiles by Design believe very strongly in the role technology plays in providing better care to our patients. One of the best new options available in dentistry is the CEREC CAD/CAM System, and Smiles by Design is proud to be able to offer the benefits in our office. So, what is CEREC?
The CEREC CAD/CAM system is computer-aided design and manufacturing technology that allows our staff to design and mill cosmetic restorations onsite. This means no more waiting for two weeks for an offsite lab to construct a crown. We can do it all in-house in one day!
There are significant benefits to this technology for our patients:
- Single Appointment Dental Care: Historically, dental restorative methods required more than one office visit to complete. Now, with CEREC CAD/CAM, the entire procedure can be finished in one visit.
- Finest Dental Materials: More than just convenient, CEREC CAD/CAM restorations are good for your overall health.
- Your Smiles by Design dentist uses only the strongest, tooth-colored ceramic materials to restore teeth to their natural strength and beauty.
- Smile Enhancement: CEREC CAD/CAM is capable of producing any tooth restoration; no matter how intricate. Porcelain anterior crowns or veneers can be crafted to repair chipped or discolored front teeth.
CEREC: Computer Aided Design (CAD), Digital Impressions.
Restore Your Smile. Keep Your Schedule.
Smiles by Design is proud of our commitment to using the latest technology to better serve our patients. One of the technology “cornerstones” of our office is the CEREC CAD/CAM system. CEREC is a computer-aided design and manufacturing system that allows our dentists to create digital impressions of a patients mouth that are then used to create the most accurately manufactured restorations possible. Learn More Here.
The KaVo OP 3D makes choosing your X-ray system simple. It is a complete X-ray platform that provides easy-to-use features throughout the entire dental imaging workflow.
With its versatile imaging programs and intuitive user interface, the KaVo OP 3D in its different configurations offers imaging excellence for a variety of users, ranging from general dental practitioners to orthodontists, and all the way to maxillofacial surgeons.
Every feature of the KaVo OP 3D is designed to increase practice efficiency. Preparing the device for a scan is fast with an easy patient positioning system and intuitive graphical user interface. All imaging protocols are optimized for practice workflows.
Laser dentistry can improve many dental procedures in the following ways:
- Reduced need for stitches
- Reduced need for anesthesia
- Reduced blood loss during procedure
- Reduced chance of bacterial infections
- Reduced damage to surrounding tissue
- Faster healing and regeneration of tissue
The Smiles by Design team is proud that our own Dr. Perlin was among the first dentists in Illinois to offer his patients digital x-rays. Digital x-rays are superior to classic x-rays in several ways:
- Less time to get results
- Up to 80% less radiation needed to generate image
- Digitally enhance and transfer images
Once the x-rays have been taken, the image(s) are sent directly to a monitor in the examination room. There the dentist and patient can review the image(s) together.
Smiles by Design offers the finest preventative, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry solutions available in the greater Chicago area. Our compassionate, professional staff is here to ensure that you receive the highest quality care in our comfortable downtown location. Contact Smiles by Design today to learn more about the miracles of modern dentistry, or to schedule an appointment with one of our talented doctors. Your teeth will thank you! To schedule an appointment with one of our dentists, or to simply find out more information, contact Smiles By Design at (312) 263-2323, Send us a message or come by our office and see us today!